Interview with Anatoly Lebedev about the Internet of things. Special attention is brought to the impossibility of things to communicate.
2. Can we defeat DDoS using analytics?
DDoS attacks still happen. The submission refers to new methods for their detection.
3. Detecting early signs of compromise by splunking windows sysinternal
Splunk Enterprise in conjunction with Microsoft Sysmon help analysts to reliably identify threats and anomalies in the operating system and do it just as they had a serious impact on business.
4. Cybercriminals select insiders to attack telecom providers
According to research by Kaspersky Lab, cybercriminals often use employees for their attacks.
5. Firmware, Controllers, and BIOS: Subterranean Malware Blues
Thinking about the danger of viruses in the subconscious of the computer. Not a fact that there is real danger, but it is written very interesting to read.
6. Tinder Social Engineering Attack
How to organize an interesting joke, which, however, can be harmful.
7. Apple Fixes Three iOS Zero Days Used in Targeted Attack
Vigilant defender didn’t get caught in the trap of hackers and helped to detect zero day exploit.
8. Japanese government plans cyber attack institute
The Japanese will create a whole Institute to combat cyber threats in the run-up to the Olympic games in 2020.
9. Cybercrime gang using 'Ripper' malware in spate of bank ATM heists
Attacks on the terminals and ATMs in Southeast Asia. Millions stolen in local currency.
10. Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
Free service from Mozilla does not validate the site code for vulnerabilities. Instead, he checks used protect tools and their proper use.
Which of today's news topics did you enjoy the most?