NFG Server - Basic Functions
- Receiving NetFlow v5 and NetFlow v9 with all parameters.
- Encoding the data to syslog.
- Sending Syslog to any external collectors
- NFG works on Linux and Windows
NFG is able to collect and send only selected parameters from NetFlow. This ability solves the following business cases:
Let us consider the example:
NetFlow v5 has 18 main parameters in every flow and 6 service parameters in every packet. Let 4 emitters send netflow data to Splunk for analysis. Splunk pricing is taken from its site.
Try it for free
- NFG is able to receive all required NetFlow v5 and v9 parameters. You can configure them in flexible scripting language, similar to SQL. You can choose any NetFlow parameters for Syslog conversation. Configuration can be performed by any qualified system engineer from you company.
- NFG can collect NetFlow from multiple devices and network ports. Your network engineer may configure the single NFG installation and save working hours in configuration of multiple devices (for example, during the installation new hardware).
- NFG loads all processor’s cores for maximal performance. So the only bottleneck is your hardware, but not the NFG.
- NFG can transmit the Syslog to multiple external receivers. You can use the multiple analyzers for fault tolerance, create multiple reports or use the Syslog data as Big data.
Documentation of NFG Server v0.9